On October 3, the City of Raleigh Finance Department issued a press release announcing a stable outlook on our city’s AAA bond rating:
Within the accompanying credit rating reports released by Moody’s, Standard & Poors and Fitch Ratings, the following items were cited supporting the City’s AAA credit rating:
- Strong local economy that remains resilient
- Low to moderate level of debt that remains manageable given dedicated revenues associated with much of the debt
- Good financial management practices and policies
- Conservative budgeting practices
- Sound reserves and strong financial position
- Well funded pension and Other Post-Employment Benefit (OPEB) costs
The City of Raleigh was first rated Aaa by Moody’s Investors Service in 1973, and has maintained a high credit rating since then.
Nancy is dedicated to continued fiscal stewardship. Nancy is the only candidate for mayor that understands the value of targeted investments in our city, which strengthen our tax base and create revenue to help us maintain our solid credit rating. Nancy needs your support on October 11 in order to continue to work to attract the good jobs and opportunities that our city needs.