Nancy was born in our nation’s capital, and grew up in nearby Arlington, Virginia. She met her husband Ron at the Medical College of Virginia while they were both pursuing degrees in pharmacy. They married in 1980, and have called Raleigh home for over 30 years. Nancy and Ron raised three children in Raleigh, all of whom attended Wake County Public Schools and UNC-system universities. Now, she is the proud Grandmother of little Maddie Thompson. (pictured below)
Through her involvement in her children’s schools and her leadership as HOA president, Nancy learned the importance of civic engagement in building a community. As a Pharmacist and a small business owner, Nancy has a firsthand understanding of what it takes to make Raleigh a citizen-focused and business-friendly city. Her business success and acumen have been important in shaping her leadership style as a competent and efficient consensus builder. Highlights of her experience and honors include:
- Serving as North Area Vice President of the Wake County PTA Council.
- Named one of the Triangle’s top entrepreneurs in 2013 by Business Leader Magazine.
- Named one of the Top Women in Business in 2009 and 2010 by Triangle Business Journal.
- 2008 recipient of Women Extraordinaire, an award that recognizes women business leaders who are innovators, problem-solvers and inspirations to other women.
- Named a 2008 Impact Women Business Owner.
Read more about Nancy’s community involvement.